A Pakistani bike-hailing app known as Bykea was hacked on Tuesday, June 13, 2023. Because of the hack, some customers acquired abusive messages after they tried to log in.
Bykea is a well-liked ride-hailing service in Pakistan. It has over 10 million customers and operates in over 100 cities throughout the nation.
Individuals flocked to Twitter to share pictures of abusive messages and notifications they acquired after Bykea was hacked. They stated that they acquired an abusive message after they tried to log in to the Bykea app.
Bykea confirmed the hack in a press release. The corporate stated that it’s working to repair the difficulty and that it’s investigating the matter.
“We apologise for the inappropriate messaging despatched by way of Bykea. We are able to verify that this was a 3rd get together communication instrument which received compromised. Our crew has restored it. Bykea app is absolutely purposeful and secure to make use of,” the agency stated in a press release.
The corporate stated that it’s taking the safety of its customers’ information very significantly. It stated that it’s working with regulation enforcement to trace down the hackers.
The hack is a reminder of the significance of cybersecurity. Customers needs to be cautious about what data they share on-line and they need to use sturdy passwords.
Listed below are some ideas for staying secure on-line:
- Use sturdy passwords and alter them repeatedly.
- Watch out about what data you share on-line.
- Pay attention to phishing scams and do not click on on hyperlinks in emails or textual content messages from unknown senders.
- Maintain your software program updated.
- Use a firewall and antivirus software program.
- Watch out about what apps you obtain and set up in your gadgets.
- Watch out about what web sites you go to.