An 18-year-old boy was killed and dozens had been injured when a fireplace extinguisher exploded throughout a drill at a highschool in Bangkok on Friday, police and hearth authorities mentioned.
The extinguisher exploded throughout a fireplace drill on the Rajavinit Mathayom faculty, Thiti Saengsawang, commissioner of town’s Metropolitan Police Bureau, informed CNN. The reason for the explosion is being investigated.
Bangkok governor Chadchart Sittipunt mentioned the hearth extinguisher that exploded was a carbon dioxide-type mannequin, based on Thai state information outlet Nationwide Information Bureau of Thailand (NNT).
Bangkok’s Fireplace Rescue mentioned 29 different individuals had been injured by the explosion, principally sustaining minor accidents.
Seven instructors on the faculty are being questioned by police in relation to the incident, state media reported.
The sound of the explosion could possibly be heard within the close by Authorities Home, the place the Thai prime minister and cupboard ministers have their places of work, NNT reported.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has provided his condolences for the boy’s loss of life, it added.