Cranberry Orange Bread is a wintertime traditional. The tart cranberries and candy citrus are each in season and so they provide such a shiny and welcome distinction to the normally heavy meals of winter. In our home, this was a staple each Thanksgiving and Christmas morning, nevertheless it’s nice to have a slice with espresso any day of the yr. And since this Cranberry Orange Bread freezes fantastically, you possibly can take a slice out and heat it up everytime you want a little bit style of sunshine. 🙂
In case you like to have a little bit candy baked deal with alongside together with your selfmade cup of espresso, this cranberry orange bread recipe goes to be your new fav. The loaf is good, wealthy, crammed with orange essence, and dotted with contemporary tart cranberries. The candy glaze on high makes the proper juxtaposition to the tart cranberries and the entire thing is totally addictive!
Right here’s what you’ll must make a loaf of this scrumptious cranberry orange bread:
- Butter: Butter retains the loaf wealthy, moist, and dessert-like. We use salted butter as a result of it’s simpler to maintain only one type of butter in your fridge!
- Sugar: This recipe makes use of granulated sugar within the bread to sweeten every part up, and powdered sugar to create the thick orange glaze on high.
- Eggs: Eggs assist leaven the loaf and provides it energy so it doesn’t collapse after baking.
- Bitter Cream: Bitter cream is added to present the loaf moisture, richness, and much more taste.
- Orange: We use each the orange juice and zest on this bread, within the batter and within the icing that’s drizzled over high.
- All-Goal Flour: Wouldn’t it be “bread” with out flour? Common all-purpose flour is used to present the loaf physique and energy.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Due to the acidic elements within the batter (bitter cream, orange juice, and cranberries), we use a mix of each baking powder AND baking soda to leaven the bread.
- Salt: A bit salt all the time helps make the person flavors pop and lets you style each ingredient.
- Cranberries: You need to use contemporary or frozen cranberries for this bread. If utilizing frozen, enable them to thaw earlier than folding into the batter.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
This cranberry orange bread will keep good within the fridge for about 5 days, or you possibly can freeze it for longer storage. To freeze, slice the bread after which stack the slices with parchment between every slice. Place the stacked bread in an air-tight container, like a freezer bag, after which retailer it within the freezer. You possibly can take out one or as many slices as wanted and thaw at room temperature for about half-hour earlier than serving or microwave till heat.
Cranberry Orange Bread
This Cranberry Orange Bread recipe is a candy dessert loaf that includes tart cranberries, candy orange, and a citrus zest glaze.
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
- 1 orange ($0.99)
- 8 Tbsp salted butter, room temperature ($1.00)
- 1 cup granulated sugar ($0.36)
- 1 giant egg ($0.09)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ($0.38)
- 1 tsp baking powder ($0.06)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda ($0.02)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.03)
- 2 cups contemporary cranberries ($1.33)
- 1 cup powdered sugar ($1.02)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Zest and juice the orange. You may want about ⅓ cup juice (divided) and a ¼ tsp zest for this recipe. Wash and slice the cranberries in half.
In a big bowl beat collectively the butter, sugar, and ¼ tsp orange zest with a hand mixer or stand mixer on excessive till the combination is smooth and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the egg and beat till the combination is clean and creamy (about 2 minutes).
Add the bitter cream and ¼ cup of the orange juice to the batter and beat once more for about 2 minutes. Save the rest of the orange juice to make the glaze later.
In a separate bowl, stir collectively the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Add about half of the flour combination to the butter combination and beat with low velocity till mixed. Add the remainder and beat till mixed once more. Lastly, fold the sliced cranberries into the batter.
Grease an 8.5 x 4.5-inch bread pan after which mud flippantly with flour. Unfold the cranberry bread batter into the bread pan and clean out the floor.
Bake the cranberry orange bread for 60 minutes within the preheated 350ºF oven, or till it’s browned on high and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear (a number of crumbs are okay, simply no moist batter).
Permit the bread to chill within the bread pan when you make the glaze. Mix the powdered sugar with simply sufficient orange juice to create a thick glaze (about 1.5 to 2 Tbsp). You possibly can add a pinch of orange zest to the glaze, if desired.
When the bread has largely cooled, use a knife to loosen the sides, then take away it from the bread pan. Drizzle the glaze over high, then slice and serve.
See how we calculate recipe prices right here.
Serving: 1sliceEnergy: 315kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 3gFats: 10gSodium: 294mgFiber: 1g
Learn our full diet disclaimer right here.
Easy methods to Make Cranberry Orange Bread – Step by Step Photographs
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Zest and juice one orange. For the bread batter and icing you’ll want about ⅓ cup juice (divided) and about ¼ tsp zest (or extra if desired). Wash and slice 2 cups of contemporary cranberries in half.
Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat collectively 8 Tbsp room-temperature salted butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, and ¼ tsp orange zest on excessive till smooth and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add one giant egg and beat collectively till clean and creamy (one other 2 minutes).
Add ¼ cup orange juice and ½ cup bitter cream, then beat collectively till clean and creamy as soon as once more.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.
Add about half of the dry elements to the moist elements and beat them collectively on low velocity till integrated. Add the remaining dry elements and beat on low velocity till a clean batter varieties. Don’t overmix.
Fold the sliced cranberries into the batter.
Grease an 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan, then mud it flippantly with flour. Unfold the bread batter into the loaf pan.
Bake the bread within the preheated 350ºF oven for 60 minutes or till it’s golden brown on high and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear (it might have a number of crumbs however mustn’t have moist batter coating it). Permit the cranberry bread to chill within the pan.
When the bread is generally cool, put together the icing. Stir collectively 1 cup powdered sugar with 1.5-2 Tbsp orange juice, and a pinch of orange zest if desired. Add simply sufficient orange juice to create a thick glaze. Take away the bread from the pan, then drizzle the glaze over high.
Slice, serve, and luxuriate in!